We’ve just run a school-wide competition for the best animated mini maths lessons.
Pairs of pupils composed short animations (using www.xtranormal.com*) on a maths objective of their choice.
The animation had to meet the following criteria:
- It had explain a particular learning objective from the year so far
- It had to last no more than 3 minutes
- It had to include a worked example
Winners were chosen on the basis of:
- Demonstration of a secure understanding of the maths
- Technical language was used correctly
- The animation was memorable/catchy/engaging
Here is a collection of the best animations.
You can download the lesson and homework resources for use in your classroom.